This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website jennifermcclellan.com and other websites operated by McClellan for Congress which display this Policy (the “Sites”) so you can make an informed decision about using the Sites. This Policy also describes practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Sites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Sites.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you
- Create an account profile,
- Post comments or other content
- Make a donation or purchase,
- Send an email or sign up to receive email or text message updates,
- Fill out a form,
- Connect through a social feed,
- Sign up to be a volunteer or host an event,
- Request information,
- Participate in a survey, contest, game, promotions, or other activities,
- Apply for a job or internship, or
- Participate in any interactive forums or features on the Sites.
In addition, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may require us to collect personal information from donors. For example, the FEC requires us to collect (and disclose) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations exceed $200 per calendar year.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By accessing or using our Sites, you agree to this Policy. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Sites. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of our Sites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Sites or on or through any of its features, register on the Sites, make any purchases through the Sites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Sites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13. please contact us at Info@JenniferMcClellan.com
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see California’s Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- We collect about the use of the Sites or about a group or category of services from users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed (“aggregate” information);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Sites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring website, your activity on our Sites, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information. We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Sites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions or donations you carry out through our Sites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Sites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Sites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, the address of a referring website, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Provide you with personalized online display advertising tailored to your interests
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit McClellan for Congress, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide the services, products, or information you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions.
- To send you confirmations, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Sites.
- To send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about our campaign, issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services.
- To help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations, and support for McClellan for Congress, issues, and organizations we support.
- To remind you to send in your voter registration form and vote.
- To assist you in finding your voter registration form and to vote.
- To assist you in finding your registration information and polling location.
- To contact you if other information is necessary under Federal or Virginia election laws.
- To request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Sites.
- To respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests, and to provide customer service.
- To monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Sites and our users’ experiences on the Sites, such as providing ads, content, or features that match your profiles or interests, and to increase the Sites’ functionality and user friendliness.
- To serve ads, on this or other websites or media, based on the information you provide and the actions you take.
- To notify and contact contest and sweepstakes entrants.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
It is our policy not to share the personal information we collect from you through our Sites with third parties. However, we may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To vendors, consultants, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- With candidates, organizations, groups, or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles, or objectives.
- To report required information to the FEC, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals who contribute to McClellan for Congress (for additional information, visit the FEC website at www.fec.gov).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of McClellan for Congress’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by McClellan for Congress about our Sites users is among the assets transferred.
- When you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Sites, that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims, or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders.
- When we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of McClellan for Congress, our users, our employees, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties, or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Site.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We are not responsible for the actions of any service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
When you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state, or local leaders, or to the press.
You understand that when you use the Sites, information you: post in your profile, blogs, forums, and other interactive areas of the Sites, as well as any information you share with individuals through the Sites or share through social network sites, will be available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious about giving our personal information to others or sharing personal information in public or private online forums. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personal information. In some cases, there may be privacy settings available regarding the information available to others, and we suggest you take time to familiarize yourself with these options and utilize these settings.
Links to Other Websites
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Sites and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Sites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users.
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our websites by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may “opt out” of receiving text messages, email updates, and newsletters by following the instructions in those text messages and emails. Please note that we may still send you other types of emails, such as emails about your use of our Sites, or use information as otherwise described in this Policy, even if you opt out of receiving email updates and newsletters. Changes to information in your account does not affect information provided to others as set forth in this Policy, including in connection with petitions or donations or that has been previously shared with like-minded candidates, organizations, groups, or causes.
All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy, contact us at Info@JenniferMcClellan.com.
SMS Terms & Conditions
- There is no fee from McClellan for Congress to receive text messages. Message and data rates may apply—this can be checked with your mobile service provider. Charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account. Consent is not a requirement for purchase.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time, and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and provide the services you request from us. Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless operator may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. Wireless operators do not guarantee message delivery and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS message as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
- By subscribing to McClellan for Congress alerts, the user consents to receive automated text messages from McClellan for Congress. Recurring messages. Message & data rates may apply.
- If you have any questions, text HELP to 79229 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To stop receiving messages, text STOP to 79229.