As the mother of two young kids, Jenn has been a leader in Virginia’s effort to address climate change today and for generations to come. Jenn wants to leave an inhabitable planet for her children, and all of our children, to inherit. Jenn’s faith also teaches her that we must be stewards of this planet. Jenn recognizes that climate change is an environmental issue, an economic issue, a health issue and a racial justice issue that we must take action to address.
Jenn understands how Black and Brown communities are disproportionately impacted by historic environmental policy, climate change and pollution. That’s why any plan to address climate change and preserve our natural resources must include environmental justice.
Jenn knows we are at a critical point in the fight against climate change. In Congress, she will build on the tremendous environmental legacy of Rep. McEachin, ensuring that all Virginia communities can benefit from historic climate investments in the Inflation Reduction Act. She will work to ensure that federal climate funding puts environmental justice front-and-center, and that it supports Virginia’s progress under the Virginia Clean Economy Act.
In the legislature, Jenn has been a leader in conserving Virginia’s natural resources, protecting the environment, and addressing climate change.
- Led the Senate passage of the landmark Virginia Clean Economy Act—the most significant climate bill in Virginia history—to make Virginia the first Southern state with a 100% Clean Energy Standard, and create 13,000 clean energy jobs annually
- Passed the Solar Freedom Act, which democratizes solar energy and removes barriers on local governments, residents, and businesses to harness solar power for their own use
- Wrote and passed a bill to protect Virginia waterways from interstate pipeline projects
- Chief-cosponsored the bill to create clean vehicle standards in Virginia and passed legislation expanding charging station infrastructure
- Passed legislation to increase electric vehicle charging stations in Virginia
- Introduced an Environmental Justice bill to require applicants for certain individual environmental permits to engage in community outreach
- Cosponsored and passed legislation creating the New River Valley Passenger Rail Station Authority